Tuesday, April 5, 2011

POTS #8


I went to Scotland by way of Iceland in 1998. I like to get artwork from any place that I have visited. Even though I didn't step outside the Keflavic airport I considered myself to be in Iceland (I did walk on the tarmac from airport building to the plane.)

I walked into the gift shop at the airport. I wanted some Icelandic pottery, but everything was sooooo expensive. I settled on these little tiny houses. I am still not sure what I paid for them as the items were sold in Icelandic currency. (Maybe I should look that up.)


The shorter of the two houses is 1.5 x 1.25 x .5", the larger one is 1.75 x 1 x .5" There is decoration on the front and top...resembling a door, windows and roof tiles. There is a potters mark on the back...it resembles an 'H'.

No comments:

Post a Comment