Sunday, April 3, 2011

POT #6...I missed Saturday

I bought this pot in the 1980's. I think I paid quite a bit for it in 1980's money...$25.oo. The date on the foot is 4/86 to be precise. I purchased this Crystalline glazed pot at the Brookside Art Annual.
(I will be in this show this April 29, 30 and May 1.)


The artist is Frank Neef. Read up on him at the following address:(www.potterybyfrank.com/crystalline.html)


This tiny piece is 3.5 x 3 x 3". It was thrown and trimmed on the wheel. The lip appears to be thrown and then folded over to create a rather ragged and uneven lower edge. Average crystal size is 3/4"...the smallest budding crystal is 1/8" and the largest being about 1 3/4 to 2". The base color of the glaze is green with crystals of various hues of geen, silver and a tiny bit of black or deark green. The is made or porcelain.

No comments:

Post a Comment