Friday, April 15, 2011

pot #16

An oldie, but a goodie. This is a pot I got in trade from Tara Dawley before she joined Red Star...before there was a Red Star. If I recall, she didn't have a kiln and needed a place to fire. So she heard I had a kiln and I let her fire here. She let me have a pot and this is what I chose. She also gave my daughter, Fiona, a dinosaur whistle. This pot is 17.25 x 7 x 7" It is thrown from a dark stoneware. It has a semi-matt glaze over all with another glaze brushed over the neck. It was obviously fired in oxidation (at my house). Tara has added spiral coils just under the neck. You can see her stamp near the foot...it is a capital 'D' with a lower case 't' inside it. I wonder if she still signs her pots like this. It sits atop my clay bookshelf. I love having pots from different times in a potters career. It is fun to see the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment