Monday, April 11, 2011

Pot #13...Lucky No. 13

This is one of my cousin's pieces. Actually, she is my mom's cousins daughter. What does that make her to me? Yikes! I dunno, except some kind of cousin. Her name is Kelly Mulloy. Originally from KC, she has moved around a a little, but now lives back here in the KC area.



This fun piece is called a 'Pig-dog'. I have several. I love them. They are hand build and have open mouths and hollow bodies. It is made of a whilte clay. It appears to be stained, because the bottoms of the legs are colored. It is glazed with commerical glazes. Kelly has signed her work on the creature's tummy with the date, 1993 near that. This Pig-dog is 5 x 6 x 2.75".




Kelly also works in fibers...wool primarily. Here is a site where you can find her fiber work. www.designspongeonline.com/2005/04/kelly-mulloy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment