Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011...POT # 2

NEWS FLASH! 04/21/11...I just found a very similar pot in "500 Teapots"...same glaze, forming method...same stamps! The pot was credited to Donna Cole!
Whaddup with that...I will have to get to the bottom of this!
I am going to open a glaze kiln later today...always a little scary.


POT #2...from the Cone Box Show. This piece is circa 2004 (I think). It is by Mika Negishi Laidlaw. http://www.msnu.edu/artdept/gallery/Laidlaw.html

She got her MFA at Kansas State University. I bet she studied under Yoshi Ikeda. She teaches at Minnesota State U. at Mankato. This teapot is 6 x 2.75 x 2.5" and appears to be made from cream colored stoneware...maybe B-Mix. Hmmmmmmmm.


It is slab built from pieces that have finger grooves or throwing grooves in the surface. There are very tiny stamp marks to act as joints/biscuits. These are spiral is shape. The glaze is mottled light to very dark green (almost black) and looks like it was fired in a reduction atmosphere.

I do not remember what I paid for this teapot, although I *do* know that it was under $150.oo, because that is the limit to what your piece may priced at.


***If I post incorrect information about your pots, please let me know ASAP***


No comments:

Post a Comment