Wednesday, June 8, 2011

pot #49

another little treat...
I purchased this at the Prairie Village Art Fair...back in the mid-90's. I forgot who the artist is, but the mark on the bottom in Red Iron Oxide is 3 vertical slashed with one slash through the center.
This is one of my favorites and a bit of an inspiration for me. I can't tell if it is hand built from a porcelain slab or thrown and left rough. There are no seams (like I would leave). If it is thrown, then the lip was, obviously, cut asymmetrically and smooth and the piece was cut from the wheel and left as is.
A textured coil handle was attached in much the same manner as I do handles now (my inspiration)...
The piece is glazed inside and out with a clear glaze and some colored stain or glaze.
This cup is 3.5" x 3.5" (with handle) and 2" wide (w0/ the handle). It holds about 1/4 of a cup of liquid.
Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment