Thursday, June 2, 2011

pot #46...where have I been

Well...I had a lovely lunch with the 'Potters' hosted by Susan Hill on Tuesday. She has the best backyard and garden. I wish I could drop it down in my backyard...lush and cool on a hot day. Thanks Susan!

I have been quite busy the last few days and totally forgot the Blog. Here goes...

This random little, tiny vase was purchased in El Paso, Texas. I was in grad school in 1999-2001. One of my itinerant instructors was from El Paso. I guess he liked us so much he brought all of us a memento of his home town (He flew in for our classes).

I imagine it was handbuilt of the reddish-brown earthenware you see on the unglazed portion. Is was decorated with black slip, burnished and fired. It measures 2.5 x 2.25". It rocks on it's rounded bottom and it sits on my giant book case.



No comments:

Post a Comment